it should be obvious...

vinzogonzo
Recluse

Back to top Go down

Guess who's back Empty Re: Guess who's back

Post  Megadeth_987 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Not Vinzo?

Aha Great to have you back man!!

By the way, the max 3 raids rule.... Was more of a hinderence than something to keep order. Since the alliance has grown, and most of us can hit pretty hard... It's fine to have quite a few.. They never fail!
Megadeth_987
Megadeth_987
Admin

https://forsakenforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinzogonzo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm

there has to be a limit in place though...

say... 6? i find it becomes too clustered

vinzogonzo
Recluse

Back to top Go down

Post  shocellist on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm

That won't work. We need to have the raids up since the alliance is getting stronger.
shocellist
shocellist
Fairly Active Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Paleran on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 am

I know I'm new here, but here's my deal:

There are 4 types of alliance raids that should be up:

1) Item farming. These are raids that people need specific items from. This is the bulk of the raids that people request to have appear, and having too many of these raids can lead to poor throughput of people being able to get the items they need.

2) Honor dump. This is for the folks of high level that can easily OS any raid you throw up and we need somewhere to spend honor. Psi-Hound or Wahsh work well for this.

3) Stat farming. Krakak Swarm, Infected Squad and Flying Saucers on normal. In my opinion, these raids should be up 24-7 as everyone should make an attempt to OS these for stats. They should only be summoned on nightmare if someone specifically needs an item. On normal, they have low HP, low OS, and die fast (especially Swarm).

4) On-hit item farming. These are special raids that folks need to farm for specific items such as Riddle Master or Thunderbolt. They should be classified as such when spawned so that people don't hit them unless they are specifically looking for the items.

Juggling all 4 styles of raids is why saying "We can only have N raids up" doesn't work. (3)s are going to - should - drop fast. (1)s should drop at a reasonable rate, and where we can get overzealous with having too many up.

To be honest, we are almost at the point where we could have all raids up 24-7 and they would all die. I agree with you that this isn't a conducive environment (and is why I left my previous guild - Khemri), but the current rate is too slow as we have enough high levels to keep the raids moving fast.

Anyway, my (more than) .02

Pal

Paleran
Recluse

Back to top Go down

Post  shocellist on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 am

I agree, Pale. All raids would get too confusing with them dying all of the time. I like your idea.
shocellist
shocellist
Fairly Active Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down